HERhealth by Mariette Oelofse Physiotherapists
At Mariette Oelofse Physiotherapists we have a Special Interest in Comprehensive Therapeutic Woman's Care and Wellbeing as well as Consulting and Education through a Womanâ€™s different life stages.
More about Mariette Oelofse
As a therapist Mariette treats and rehabilitates different uro-gynaecology and womenâ€™s health related challenges.
She has a special interest in the spine and posture, women and master sport performance and she runs a bone density education and exercise program.
As a keen sportswoman, Mariette takes part in open water and masters swimming. She also practice Pilates and completed her BASI-Pilates matt- instructor course
Mariette had the opportunity to work in the corporate environment as a consultant recruiting and placing people with a disability in the open labour market.
During this time she gained valuable experience in the understanding of the previously disadvantaged disability community and their challenges, as well as insight into the corporate world and their expectations and commitment towards the success of their business.
- University of Stellenbosch ; BSc Physiothery, 1989
- Post -Graduate Certification: Orthopedic Manipulative Therapy 1, 1994;
- August 2012: The Pelvic Floor Concepts
- August 2012: Female Urinary Incontinence: A functional approach to the evaluation and treatment
- September 2012: Potpourri of Women's Health conditions (Breast care, menopause, bone health, general health etc)
- October 2012: Myofascial Release: The Fascial Manipulation Certification Course
- November 2012 and February 2013: Needling of Trigger points
- February 2013: Phakamisa: Breast Cancer Course for Healthcare Professionals.
- July and August 2013 - August 2014: Basi-Pilates Matt Instructor's course
- November 2014 - Pelvic Girdle Dysfunction
- May 2015 - Dry needling Certification Course
- November 2015 - Workshop - Innovative and evidence based Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Most recent HERhealth workshops presented:
- August 2013: Experential technology and clients - Women's Only 1/2day workshop
- August 2013: EOH - Women's Only 1/2day workshop
- September 2013: DHL - Women's Only 1/2day workshops
- October 2013: EOH - Breastcare. Healthy breasts at every age.
- May 2014: Mediclinic - Bone health: Mobility checks for effective weight bearing exercise
- June 2014: Mediclinic - Post-natal: Wrapping up your health challenges before the last week of maternity leave
- July 2014: South African Council for Business Women - Women's Health Matters in perspective...
- August 2014: Murray & Roberts : a Toolkit for Womenâ€™s Health Challenges
- September 2015: swimtHERapy by Mariette Oelofse Physiotherapist @ BodyIntellect ..a 8 week mobility; stability and education for young competitve swimmers
- October 2015 till now: tHERapy by Mariette Oelofse Physiotherapist@ Body Intellect.. groupclasses and education for women